We all look at the New Year as an opportunity to start fresh, a blank slate so to speak, an “I can do anything because it’s January 1st” kind of moment! I like that it is a new beginning, but I also want to remind myself that this blank slate shouldn’t mean that I forget all of which I have experienced and accomplished in the past year. (The gym will be more crowded this January and I will grumble and mumble things under my breath breaking my first New Year’s Resolution to be nicer…because someone is on my favourite machine at the gym, but I will try to remind myself that at some point that was me. ;))
As promised, here is my NYE List!!! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s Eve. I am so excited to see what in store in 2013!!
TOP 10 OUTSTANDING MOMENTS OF 2012…
- Running the lululemon Sea Wheeze half marathon in Vancouver. It was my first half marathon, and my first run of the scenic sea wall in Vancouver. I would recommend this race to anyone and everyone!!! So great!
- Being the maid of honour in my childhood best friend Chantal’s wedding. What an honour and privilege to be a part of her very special day.
- Having a Christmas dinner with some of my old roommates. We have the ability to laugh and make fun of each other/ourselves, and any situation for hours. No matter how long we are apart we always come together and it feels like we’ve never been apart.
- Presenting for the first time in front of my global brand owners, the VP and two directors, and having the VP tell me that I “did a great job in there.” My confidence in public speaking is on the rise 🙂
- Having Hilary come home with me this summer to vacation/staycation at my childhood home. We had so much fun, and I am always so grateful for my Hilary-time 🙂
- Spending time with my cousin Melissa this summer and during the Christmas holidays. She is one of my favourite people in the whole world and she is absolutely hilarious and amazing!
- Getting to see beautiful Jamaica and cross it off my goal list!
- Sales and marketing conference in Collingwood. Pre-gaming in the hotel before cocktails/dinner.
- Spending time with my mom and bro this Christmas. As much as they tease me about being a princess, they still make me dinner and take care of me 🙂
- Winter running in Cobalt at night. Best winter run of the season. Most definitely challenging with all those hills 🙂 The frozen eyelashes are obviously also a favourite of mine.
- Not winning the lottery. My friend Kevin and I have been practicing week after week. We’re getting really good at playing the lottery, so it’s only fair if we win sometime soon! hah
- Gaining a lot of the weight back that I wanted to keep off and letting a lot of my fitness goals slip to the back burner of my life.
- Not beating my time in the Sporting Life 10k and realizing that I have a lot more work to do to get back into the shape I want to.
- Not becoming Prime Minister of Canada. That’s always disappointing, not just in 2012 😉
- Having a major falling out with one of my best friends 😦
- To run a sub 58 minute 10k.
- To practice what I preach and become the fitness guru I’d love to be. 🙂
- Travel more and see the world.
- Keep up with the blogging and improve my writing as much as I can.
- Hit my goal weight.
3 Best New People of the Year-
- Jo (@clickflickca) – This social media guru never ceases to amaze me. He’s everywhere all the time, and he makes an amazing partner in crime at fashion shows!
- Rae Gibson (@raeraegibson) – One of my favs, great mentor, running buddy and office giggle sharer.
- Jentzen- (@JentzenMShea) – Sometimes you just meet someone who you can sit down and chat with over London Fogs for hours 🙂
- Mitch- (@MitchParkerRE) – VIP to me, important member of the trifecta, and has a corny sense of humour like yours truly. (I’m sure you’ve noticed that this is 4 Best new people and not 3, but I rarely follow the rules 😉 Rules are made to be broken in some cases hah.)
Happy New Year everyone!! May you set some great goals for yourself, and stick with them 🙂