I promised a few people I would post about this, but I want to keep it in a more positive light instead of a ‘woe is me’ post – so here goes 😉
1) A piece of paper does not define you, but it most definitely helps you get back to Canada. People can steal all of your things, but they cannot take your spirit too 😉
2) Some countries are known for certain things… (re the title of this post) Sometimes these things will happen to you. I shall visit California soon! haha
3) You really learn a lot about yourself, your friends, and your family, in a time of (let’s call it) chaos for dramatic purposes 😉
4) When you are left to figure things out by yourself, you are more resilient than you think that you are. GIve yourself credit for this.
5) You do not always have to be independent, it’s okay to ask for help along the way.
6) Things will not always go your way, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t learn from all that happens and move on a stronger person than when you started.
These things seem pretty simple, but you sometimes forget when you’re not in your ideal environment/circumstances.
I am currently on vacation in Northern Ontario – listening to crickets, reading books on my mom’s patio, canoeing across lakes, walking on paths by the lake with my cousin bestie, catching up on tv, having meals cooked for me by my awesome little bro, enjoying my 30th birthday celebrations (again) family style, playing night golf, having lunch and a Pete’s Dam walk with my bestie. It’s only Tuesday and I’m here until Sunday. These are the things in life that remind you that life can be simple and awesome. I’m doing a lot of reflecting here and have an interesting post coming up!
I’m thankful for this time to relax, get my mind and self back on track! I’m super excited for things to come!