alexandra giordano, fitblog, fitchick, fitfluential, fitness, fitness goals, fittie, goals, half marathon, health goals, healthy eating, healthychick, lindsey chapman, new year, new year goals, Nike, Nike Women's Marathon, NWM, resolutions, runchat, running, Sammie Kennedy, Sporting Life 10k, travel
Every year some old roomies from university and I share our New Years resos. (You can see last year’s post here: NYE 2013 List) I’ve decided to make mine public, and I sit here (proudly) hang-over free, at 8 am writing this while the condo is quiet and most of you have yet to rise (except for the hardcores who have already been out at 6 am running 8k and stuff haha 😉 [Bexx note: I then got distracted, cleaned, went to a movie, then did some work, and am now completing this entry. I am like Dory in Finding Nemo- ‘Something shiny” heh.]
I didn’t really quite accomplish the goals I set out to do in 2013 fully, but I still had a great year – great friendships, meeting wonderful new people, and reuniting with some friends who I thought were lost forever. It’s been a good year of learning about myself, the world, and how much I can push myself when I need to. I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be the year of Bexx 😉 [Bexx note: I say this every year, and every year is equally as awesome for the record, all for different reasons of course!]
TOP 10 OUTSTANDING MOMENTS OF 2013…
- Realizing that not everyone is going to like you, or all the things you do, but you’re still going to do the best that you can.
- Being asked to be my cousin Melissa’s Maid of Honour in her July 2014 wedding.
- Winning a plank-off competition at bootcamp.
- Gaining more confidence in the public speaking world, and hitting a lot of goals I set for myself at work in terms of confidence, and measure of success.
- Having someone tell me that I was an inspiration to them 🙂
- Meeting a cab driver who changed my perspective on a major life event. It’s interesting who you will meet, and how they will change your life/perspective in only a very short time.
- Getting to see beautiful Dublin, Ireland and Barcelona, Spain this summer with some wonderful people! (Two more countries on my Life KPIs list complete!)
- Making great new friends, maintaining the old friendships and hearing from some people I never thought I would again!
- Spending time with my mom and bro this summer. As much as they tease me about being a princess, they still make me dinner and take care of me
- Going “skiing” with my cousin Melissa at Christmas. I haven’t laughed that hard in a really long time. Thank you for that.
- Not winning the lottery, again.
- Not hitting all the fitness goals that I wanted to (BUT became a burpee queen regardless! WIN!)
- Getting stranded in Barcelona sans id/passport/credit cards. (Learning that your family and friends will always be there supporting you no matter how far away they are!)
- Not becoming Prime Minister of Canada. That’s always disappointing, not just in 2014! (I’m repeating this, I still think it’s equally as important this year.. haha)
- Learning that the Caramilk secret is still a secret 😉
- To run a sub 58 minute 10k. This year it will happen. 2014 you will be my b*tch!
- Get fit and have fun Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod styles. Work b*tch!
- Run a NWM half, with Jaymie.
- Post regularly on my blog! I always have issues with keeping up 🙂
- Actually tell people how I feel about things, and standing up for the things I believe in. Confidence will be key for me in this.
3 Best New People of the Year-
- Alex Giordano (@lexxgiodano) – Gym buddy of the year. This girl makes me giggle while planking, and always helps me push myself when I want to give up!
- Lindsey Chapman (@lindseygchapman) – It’s interesting to realize you can meet new friends at the bar too, not just men! 😉 Bubbly, funny, and entertaining, this lady is one of my new favs!
- Sammie Kennedy (@sammiekennedy) – Bootcamp and kick-boxing coach, she was even a good sport when we made her attend a twerking class this year, that I’m not supposed to talk about. ❤
Richard Bronson posted today using a quote from Confucius that I really like and he also added a few of his own words: “”A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.” By making one little change, you could have a profound positive effect on other people’s lives as well as your own.”
I hope you all had a great 2013, and will have an equally great, if not even better, 2014! May you accomplish all of the goals and resolutions that you set out for yourself!